Traditional Rice /
- Fiber-Rich: It has been shown to prevent or mitigate constipation. It also contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. Kattu Yanam aids in the digestion and utilisation of amino acids. It helps with many bodily functions such as glucose, cholesterol, and carbohydrates.
- It is a good source of Vitamin B, zinc, manganese and folic acid.
- It has a low GI and anthocyanin, which is a natural detoxifier.
- The kattuyanam lessens the conversion of glycogen in our bodies, thereby lowering or avoiding diabetes
- Naturally gluten-free
- Lower blood sugar levels
- It is used in the control of diabetes.
- It’s antioxidant properties have cure for many heart-related diseases.
COOKING / DISHES
Suitable for the preparation of idly, dosa, idiyappam, flattened rice and porridge.
(per 100 g)*
(per 100 g)**